Tel: +971 56 501 4326
Rutger has over 30 years of experience in the hotel industry across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Following a decade in operations with Intercontinental Hotels in Europe and Asia, he spent the next 20 years as a hospitality consultant, leading teams in the Middle East, Asia and Australia providing development and investment advice as well as feasibility and valuation analysis.
More recently Rutger was the COO/CEO for hotel owning companies in Qatar and the UAE managing hotel portfolios in the Middle East and beyond, driving strategy, development and acquisitions, asset management and operator relationships.
Previous experience includes:
- COO and Acting CEO at Abu Dhabi National Hotels, UAE
- CEO for Al Rayyan Tourism Investment Corporation, Qatar
- National Leader Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure for Deloitte Australia
- Managing Director Asia Pacific for Cushman & Wakefield Hospitality
- Owner and Managing Director for HVS Australia
- Director, Real Estate & Hospitality, (Arthur) Andersen, Bahrain & Sydney
- Resident Manager, Intercontinental Hotels, Germany, China